All times are UTC - 8 hours
|| Page 1 of 1
|| [ 1 post ]
Joined: Aug 13th, '09, 14:34
Forum policy and rules
Generally MacroMonkey is about people actively and responsibly making game and application macros and bots for fun, and even profit.
We prefer critical thinking (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critial_thinking) rather then the "script kiddy" and "punk" mentality.
We don't condone, nor support "black hat" behavior here. We want to distance our self's from the crowd that likes to "grief", spam, have bad intentions, or otherwise people that have little, or no consideration of their own actions.
In particular with MMOG games we want responsibly made macros/bots that are aware of others players so that we only effect real players with positive experiences.
We're not about, and want to stay from "mindless" bots spamming games (and other applications) that causes problems for others (both players and developers alike).
Furthermore generally staying away from bots and hacks for PVP (Player vs Player), and online FPS games.
Making a bot that defends it's self on a PVP server is one thing, but a bot that camps out or roams to kills other players (and, or, uses exploits to gain a big PVP advantage, etc.) is another (and not okay here).
There are plenty of other "Wild West", lawless sites and groups for you to indulge those things in, not here!Forum rules:
1. This forum is for mature audiences only. You should be of legal age in your country to view adult material (18 in the USA).
Maintain a responsible and "adult" attitude here.
2. Post all the "Do you have a bot for me?", "Make me a bot for xxx please?", and similar in the "Beggars" forum only!
We want to avoid filling up the forums with such "noise".
3. No flaming, harassing, racial attacks, etc. This includes no inappropriate user-names, avatars, links, etc.
You don't necessarily have to be PC (politically correct), but don't intentionally flame, or otherwise insult other members or staff.
Don't retaliate if this rule is violated, report the offending post(s) to the staff.
4. English is the official, and only supported language here. Understandably, English is not the native language for everyone, but at last attempt to maintain readable English.
No "leet speak", excessive cursing or swear words, etc. Ignorance is not a virtue here, and won't impress anyone.
Think before you post, you will get better results.
5. Do not spam, flood. Do not duplicate or cross post, and no thread bumping period.
We want to avoid filling up the forums with "noise".
6. Post only relevant topics and and titles. Show respect for others as you are using their time and energy.
Avoid generic titles like "Help me!".
Posts like "Free sex here!" to call attention to your post will get you at minimal warned, if not instantly banned.
7. No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
8. Illegal activities (in the USA and most other countries) not allowed here:
A) No Warez/Cracks/Serials or Illegal Software. This includes uploads, links, and even posting about it.
B) Only posts about network hacking for informative security purposes will be allowed. Certainly no "how too" posts. And this includes absolutely no account/password hacking etc.
C) Do not upload, nor post any links to Trojans, Viruses, any other malware. We reserve the right to report such illegal activities to National and International law enforcement agencies.
D) Anything thing else using common sense that breaks your county's laws..
9. No Advertising. Do not post links to other websites that are irrelevant to the topic subject.
If you want to advertise anything, get approval from the staff first.
10. No selling cheats, or asking for/trying to buy private cheats, etc.
It will eventually be okay at some point to sell particular custom extensions (for MMOGs for example), with custom scripts, etc., but as in the "No Advertising" rule, get approval first.
11. Respect the authority of Moderators and Admins. The staff has the final word in all disciplinary actions.
If you question a staff action take it to PMs or emails, don't post it on the forums.
12. As stated in the MM policy, we generally stay away from bad/negative/harmful practices here so the following types are prohibited:
A) No posts about any kind of "scamming" (players and developers, et al).
B) PVP hacks and bots. Some allowed, such as bot self defense on PVP enabled servers/situations. But certainly not bots that are meant to attack other players on their own. No bots/macros/hacks that allow you to exploit players in PVP situations. Nor annoying stuff like the WOW BG (Battle Ground) AFK bots, etc.
C) No online FPS hacks and discussions.
13. For the general programming areas, do NOT post compile errors.
You need to develop a firm understanding of your own programming language, we don't teach you that here.
Only post such errors about something in the MM domain (like the "MM SDK") only after you have read the documentation.
14. Do not PM the admin or moderators (unless you know them) asking for: Game hacks, custom bot modifications, how to code in Lua, to find coding errors in your scripts, when the next update will be ready, or make requests to fix something for you.
If there is an issue (bug or operational problem) in MM or an official bot, then report it on the forum.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this forum, and it's staff.
We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
This includes postings that disrupt or interfere with our technical operations.
We reserve the right to change or alter these rules at any time.
We also reserve the right to ban/block anyone from using this site.
|Aug 17th, '09, 01:51
|| Page 1 of 1
|| [ 1 post ]
All times are UTC - 8 hours
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
||You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum