In working with my bots and what not I'll often copy DLLs to a folder on my network I use as a server.
Shared I'm able to run bots on different machines at the same time.
A problem comes when I make a new build and tries to copy the DLLs to that shared folder.
Since it's being used (DLL loaded into a client or used by MacroMonky, etc.) they are locked.
In order to do that, I would normally have to shut them down so the files are free.
Some time ago I found this utility called "Unlocker" that came in handy to unlock files some processes decided
to hang on too for no apparent reason.
I found a new use for it now. I can run it on my DLLs and unlock them so they can be copied over.
Normally you would think this is something you wouldn't want to do. Messing with the OS and what not.
Executable images are normally "mapped" as part of the OS's schemes. However at least on Windows XP, my relatively small DLLs, they are apparently loaded entirely and unlocking them has no apparent effect.
Haven't had any crashes or anything odd happen, but I suppose it could potentially do a BSOD.
The next time I restart/reload the DLLs it will be the new one as expected.http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/